Lawn tips from the professionals
The best advice always comes from those who have what you want. So, if it's a green lawn that mimics that of a golf course or a baseball park then who better to tune into than the person who runs the show.
Justin Johnson, the 25 year old head groundsperson at Fox Cities Stadium in Grand Chute, lawn is his life. So,when he gives some tips on how to make your home lawn as good as his stadium's grass then it may be worth paying attention. Here's 7 tips to help you on your way;
- Try to get your grass as healthy as possible in the spring.
- Raise the height of the mower to promote the development of a deeper root system. Lower the height heading into autumn.
- Don't water it every day, which would be too much.
- If grass goes dormant, hit it with a lot of water to get it growing again.
- Fertilize, fertilize, fertilize.
- Alternating mowing patterns at home, which stands up the grass in different directions.
- And remember: "Every lawn is different so there is no set scenario. And with a lot of people it all depends on how much time you want to put into it," Johnson said.